Work for us
Business Administrator Apprenticeship
Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Location – Camira Yarns / IINOUIIO (Birkby - Huddersfield)
Who are we?
If you are interested in sustainability and the circular economy within textiles and fashion, including learning some of the traditional (almost) lost heritage techniques and skills in this 200-year-old craft, there is nowhere else in the UK to compare with iinouiio at Camira.
In 2022, iinouiio joined forces with Camira Fabrics, installing their new mechanical textile recycling facility within Camira Yarns. This is the only facility of its kind in the UK.
Camira Fabrics is a global business, employing over 600 people, producing fabrics ‘for spaces and places from offices to universities, hotels to hospitals, for buses to trains’. To add to many of Camira’s sustainability initiatives, in March 2022 Camira acquired 51% of IINOUIIO Ltd, including a new textile recycling facility, which was installed at Camira Yarns at Birkby, Huddersfield in August 2022.
In February 2023, Camira launched a new range of fabrics (called ‘Revolution’) at the Stockholm Furniture Fair intended for the contract interior furnishings market. This new collection consists of Camira’s waste yarn recycled by iinouiio. Secondly, iinouiio helps other UK textile manufacturers to repurpose their wool and cashmere waste into beautiful new yarns and fabrics and, thirdly, we create our own range of iinouiio knitting yarns and woven fabrics. Finally, iinouiio offer the service of an R&D centre for mechanically recycling wool and cashmere.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn and gain an accredited ‘Business Administration’ qualification whilst in paid employment. You will join an ambitious team at an exciting stage in their development with the potential to share in their success. The role is based upon developing and maintaining administration systems, but in a busy mill setting, some interaction with the manufacturing facility will be necessary.
- Recording materials in bound and out bound
- Stock control and leading on stock audits
- Recording other data such as running times, water usage and residual waste from processing
- Producing delivery notes and liaising with accounts on invoicing and financial performance
- Maintaining records for management systems such as ISO 9001 (quality and ISO 40001 Environmental Management)
- Liaising with shippers, suppliers and customers
- Liaising across the Camira group
- Posting on (iinouiio) social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube etc
- Although you may be required to work at a number of sites, you will be mostly based within the ‘Camira Yarns’ site in Birkby, Huddersfield.
Education / Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum Level 2 English and Maths
- Excellent IT skills are necessary, especially with Microsoft systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook etc).
- Some experience with engaging with social media is preferred.
If successful, you will be joining the Camira Group, with a special focus on iinouiio. Together, they are leading the way with wool recycling for contract interior furnishings and transport fabrics in the UK. You would join this exciting collaboration during this early stage and could become the leading administration expert with iinouiio’s systems, in harmony with Camira’s own systems. As such, opportunities for promotion are likely to emerge as the iinouiio team grows and becomes increasingly important to Camira’s story and products.
You will have a ‘hands-on’ opportunity to learn and experience the secrets of this craft. You will be involved with the resurgence of an industry that revolutionised woollen manufacturing over two centuries ago, yet has more significance than ever in terms of protecting the world’s resources and, therefore, its environmental impact.
- 07.30 – 15:30
- Monday to Friday
For more information or to apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org