What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files placed on the device from which you are accessing the website that enable the website to help you navigate, present content relevant to your geographic location, enhance your user experience and store information about your website session.
- To remember your preferences e.g. language
- To remember your previously viewed pages
- To remember what you have added to your sample basket
- To remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
- To allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
- To track links from emails
- To analyse our web traffic
Session cookies are typically active until you close down the browsing session. All other cookies will remain in your browser information until cookies and cached information are cleared. Users may schedule this using browser settings.
By configuring your web browser, you can choose whether or not to accept cookies. Most web browser software is initially set up to accept them. If you do not want to receive cookies you can change your browser settings. Please note by disabling cookies, some services or website functionality may not be available.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to aboutcookies.org.
Dated: January 2020