I wanted to reach out to you all again to share with you our latest global operational update during this crisis period. We’re pleased to be able to continue to provide deliveries for all our products, as well as for samples which are needed for project specifications. We have also re-started manufacturing at our main UK site, providing additional focused capacity across our key product lines. Understandably, we’re also seeing extra demand for our anti-microbial fabrics and vinyls in response to the heightened awareness of sanitation and hygiene protocols.
There are few key points I’d like to draw your attention to:
Manufacturing and distribution
- UK manufacturing – manufacturing operations resumed in weaving and dyeing to meet ongoing demand for key products for essential businesses.
- UK warehousing and distribution – ongoing operations, serving global customers from available stockholdings which remain healthy.
- China warehousing and distribution – normal operations resumed, serving China and some Asia Pacific regions.
- North America warehousing and distribution – supplying furniture customers with infrastructure critical fabrics only where they cannot be served from our alternative distribution centres.
- Australia warehousing and distribution (transport fabrics) – ongoing operations.
- Lithuania manufacturing – to be suspended for three weeks from Friday 3rd April.
- North America – samples are being despatched by colleagues working remotely: they’re so dedicated they took our entire sample center home with them! Sampling is also available on Material Bank.
- UK / EU / MEI / rest of world – samples are being despatched from our UK sample centre, with additional support from our European offices and Shanghai.
- Digital fabric images – remember we have high quality digital images available online for all our fabrics. Find them in the “Downloads” section on each product page on our website.
- In most countries our front-line sales and customer service teams are now based at home, working digitally and by phone. If there are delays in responding to you, please bear with us and we will try our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please continue to reach out to your usual contacts. If anybody is unavailable for whatever reason, you will be re-directed to another team member who will be able to help.
- With most of our customers now also working remotely, we know it can sometimes get a little lonely if you’re at home alone, or a little frantic if you’re juggling home schooling, so please do keep in touch. We’re happy to chat over an online tea or coffee.
These are extraordinary times and we very much appreciate your patience and understanding as we try to ensure business continuity where it matters most – fulfilling orders wherever possible for customers who are continuing to manufacture, often for healthcare and government, and sending samples for those future projects which designers are still working on. We sincerely hope you and your families are keeping safe and well and staying positive in the face of the many individual challenges which lie ahead.
Group Sales Director
Archived Coronavirus Articles
13th March 2020
19th March 2020
24th March 2020
2nd April 2020