Samantha Daniels is a Designer in our Holdsworth Product Development Team. Here Sam tells us about herself and how she arrived at a career in textile design.
1. Can you give us a little background about yourself and your work?
I have always been interested in art and design since studying art at school. It was whilst attending Leeds College of Art I found my love for textiles. I went on to Huddersfield University, graduating with a degree in Textile Design. During this course I decided I would like a career as a designer of interior textiles.
2. How would you describe your work in ten words?
Bold all over patterns that are fit for purpose.
3. List five things that have inspired you and your work.
4. How did you begin your career as a designer?
As part of my degree I did a one year work placement at Holdsworth. I worked in the testing lab but also spent 3 months in product development. When I completed my degree I worked in the sample centre before moving to work within the product development team.
5. What is it like working in the Holdsworth product development team?
Holdsworth product development is a great team to be part of. We all bounce ideas off each other to help provoke new innovative designs.
6. What's next for Holdsworth developments?
We are very busy at the moment preparing for the Busworld exhibition in October, working on customer specific designs, as well as new product developments including plush wool moquettes, flat wovens and a polyester moquette that includes recycled fibre content.