Group Environmental Policy
Environmental considerations are embedded in Camira’s culture. We are holders of the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development and recognised for environmental leadership and pioneering a sustainable textile industry.
At the heart of our values is a commitment to sustainable business practices. Our goal is to exemplify environmental best practice across our business activities by operating to the highest environmental standards.
Our environmental policy is underpinned by the following guiding principles:
• Maintain conformance with ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System).
• Source materials from environmentally responsible suppliers.
• Embrace environmental decision making in product design and development.
• Reduce our energy and CO2 footprint.
• Reduce waste at source through continual improvement of our supply chain and production quality.
• Engage with people to encourage awareness, knowledge and participation.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
• Set, monitor and review environmental objectives in line with the principles of this policy.
Dated: May 2018